Wednesday 28 November 2007

A Cabinet of Curiosities

As I travel the world and meet Johnny Foreigner and, indeed, as he comes to visit me in the City of London I am honoured to receive little tokens of appreciation in exchange for the undoubted pearls of wisdom I strew in their largely unappreciative path.

I have, as a result of all this international activity, acquired an interesting collection of objets and given the effort required to pass these to me I feel that it is only fair that I record them for posterity.

In Victorian times (and, indeed, before) gentlemen collectors would acquire strange things from around the world; dinosaur bones, ancient weapons, interesting crystals, choice pieces of Eastern erotica etc. and display them in what were called Cabinets of Curiosities.

This, then, is my digital version which will record the gifts I receive from business contacts and friends from around the globe.

No comments: