Wednesday 28 November 2007

Malaysia: Mandarin Oriental letter opener


I visited Malaysia for the first time four weeks after September 11th. I was staying at the Mandarin Oriental which was virtually deserted at the time. I was upgraded to a Club Suite which is still the most luxurious hotel accommodation I have ever stayed in: 1775 square feet compared with a normal hotel room which is about 250 square feet.



On entering the suite there was a large circular hall and to the right was a study and a large living room with an L-shaped sofa.


Further round the corner was a kitchen and a dining room which I didn't even discover for 24 hours! On the other side was a walk in dressing room, a bedroom with a four poster bed, and the most fantastic bathroom with a full sized sauna and a shower which would have accommodated about six Malaysian girls. Best of all was a bath with a 36" TV at the end.


I was also presented with this pewter letter opener by the rather gorgeous sales manageress and, to top it off she only charged me £46 a night. The suite, of course, cost rather more than that.

Splendid!

No comments: